The powered mixers 453S, 458 and 459 offer a unique combination of simplicity and state of the art electronic design. Yet they do not stand out just for the professional level of equipment and high power concentrated into a minimum of space.
The structure of the small carrier cases used to contain them is a symbol which has distinguished generations of Montarbo powered mixers and is thus very popular among musicians all over the world. This distinctive metal case with covers which, when open, act as supports, was first designed and produced by Montarbo in the early 1960's with the aim of providing the working musician with the necessary tools of the trade in a small and portable package. Since then this case has 'contained' a wide range of powered mixers, each of them equipped with ever upgraded features, becoming proof of continuous technological innovation.
The digital signal processors (developed by Montarbo), incorporated in these models are just as unique as the famous magnetic memory echo effect unit of their predecessors and the ever more sophisticated electronics they contain is supported by ever more user friendly control panels.
In fact, something else is still unchanged since those early Sixties, besides the historic metal case: our construction philosophy and our commitment to guarantee the best sound quality at all times.
Input Channels: 6 mono + 2 stereo
- Gain control.
- 3 band equalizer:
H.F 15dB @ 15kHz
M.F 15dB @ 600Hz
L.F 15dB @ 50Hz.
- Effect send control (post-channel volume).
- Auxiliary send control (pre-channel volume).
- Stereo panning in the mono channels
- Balance in the stereo channels.
- Peak LED indicator.
- Channel volume.
- Balanced XLR input for microphone.
- Unbalanced jack input for line.
- L/R jack inputs for line on the 2 stereo channels (they allow connection of stereo instruments, increasing thus the operating flexibility of the system). Stereo digital effects processor: based on a 56-bit DSP with 18 bit Δ-Σ conversion, this stereo digital processor lets you create infinite combinations of Reverb, Echo, Halo and even Reverb + Echo effects at the simple touch of two knobs. Combining superb sonic performance with absolute ease of operation.
- Delay control: adjusts either the echo delay or the reverb duration.
- Repeats control (for Echo effects).
- Echo/Reverb pushbutton.- Pushbuttons to set the different algorythms of Reverb and Echo.
- On button (with LED indicator).
- Tone control (high damp).
- Aux send.
- Stereo balance.
- Volume control.
- Peak LED indicator
- EXT. EFF. SEND jack socket: it allows the conection of an external effect.
- Jack socket for on/off footswitch. Master Section
- Output level LED meters and volume faders for the L and R master outputs.
- 6-band stereo graphic equalizer.
- Stereo In/out Pin-Rca sockets for connection to a tape recorder, with tape-in level control (the tape inputs can also be used as line inputs).
- Output for external effect send.
- Aux output, with volume control. It can be used as monitor send or as an independent external effect send.Rear Panel
- L/R insert jack sockets for external auxiliary equipment or further amplification (pre-out / main-in).
- L/R output sockets for the two built-in power amplifiers (200 + 200 W into 4 Ω). Each output has electronic short circuit protection, relays for delayed power-up sequence and automatic trouble-shooting, providing a clean, reliable power with maximum accuracy even at the highest levels.
- Power on/off switch.
- I.E.C. power supply socket.